Tuesday 13 February 2018

2 MADARA Face masks you have to try

I have discovered Madara thanks to Lovelula beauty box and I have been loving every single skincare product so far. I loved the serum, eye cream, toner, but those 2 masks are my must haves and I will tell you why :)


MADARA Face masks
MADARA Face masks



I think that exfoliation and hydration are the keys for a perfect skin. Wiping off the dead skin cells is so important for a brighter complexion and better product absorption, while the hydration is for healthy and plumped skin which prevents wrinkles and improves elasticity. 

Good exfoliation is not that easy. There are many options to choose from, but which form is the best for my skin type? I have never been fan of a scrubs. I always find them too harsh for my dry, mature skin. Yes they make my skin really smooth, but dry and angry at the same time and they don't do much for discoloration. I believe in the power of acids instead. Using an acid toner on a daily basis changed my skincare completely. I don't have any black heads or spots, and my hyper-pigmentation is under control. 


MADARA Face masks
MADARA Face masks

Apart of acid toners I use masks and peels based on acids or enzymes. It's not easy to find a good one. They are too mild and bring no results or they can be too strong and irritating for my skin. Madara Brightening Peel Mask seems to be perfect for my skin type. I can see great results after using this mask and even better with layering those two! After exfoliation I apply Madara SOS Hydra Moisture mask and they work beautiful together.

MADARA Face masks
MADARA Face masks

Madara Active AHA Brightening Peel Mask

Ingredients: Aqua, Lactic Acid, Glycerin***, Lavendula Angustifolia (Lavender) Floral Water*, Galactoarabinan, Amorphophallus Konjac Root Extract, Potassium Hydroxide, Mica (CI 77019)****, Pyrus Cydonia (Quince) Fruit Extract*, Sambucus Nigra (Elderflower) Fruit Extract*, Aroma, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)****, Ethyl Lauroyl Arginate HCL, Xantan Gum, Limonene**. * ingredients from organic farming ** natural essential oils *** made using organic ingredients ****pure mineral pigments
Price: £20 for 60ml, buy here

This mask is formulated with fruit acids, lactic acid and Vitamin C. Lactic acid is very gentle and one of the best to fight discoloration. Regular chemical exfoliation improves skin complexion, unclogs pores, stimulate cell turnover and diminishes appearance of fine lines. It is great, multi-tasking, anti-ageing treatment for any age and skin type.

Madara AHA Brightening Peel Mask is in a form of a thin gel-cream. I apply tiny amount to dry skin and massage it in. When absorbed I repeat application 2-3 times and always massage it in. I leave it for 5-10 minutes and rinse it off with a warm water. When on skin it's very comfortable and also is very easy to wash it off. You probably heard many times: "when it stings it works".....no, when it sting it irritates your skin. I feel nothing when apply Madara peel mask, but when I wash it off my skin is smooth and bright, plumped and moisturised, not read and angry like after some peeling mask. That's why I love it so much!

Of course different acids will work in different way on different skin types. It's always better to start with just 2-3 minutes once a week to familiarize your skin with the acid. Madara mask can also be purchased in a travel size which is great to test.

And I have to mention, that the most important when using acids is to apply a sun-cream every day, regardless the weather and season!


MADARA Face masks
MADARA Face masks

Madara SOS Hydra Moisture & Radiance Mask

Ingredients: Aqua Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil Alcohol Rosa Damascena (Rosa) Flower Water Cetearyl Alcohol Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Dicaprylyl Carbonate Arachidyl Alcohol Behenyl Alcohol Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit Butter Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea-buckthorn) Fruit Extract Sodium PCA Glycerin Stearic Acid Palmitic acid Aroma Arachidyl Glucoside Betaine Linum Usitatissimum (Flax/Linseed) Seed Extract Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Leaf Extract Paeonia Lactiflora (Peonia) Root Extract Coco Glucoside Xanthan Gum Sodium Hyaluronate Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid Hydrolysed Glycosaminoglycans Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C) Tocopherol Xylitol Iron oxide CI77492 Citronellol Geraniol Benzyl Salicylate Eugenol

Price: £35 for 60ml, buy here

This mask is full of oils and botanical extracts formulated with hyaluronic acid. It's in a form of a light cream in pink color and light floral scent. It can be used as traditional creamy mask - applied and washed off after 15-20 minutes, or as a overnight treatment - and that's how I use it. It can be applied instead of your usual night cream, but I rather layer it at the end of my skincare routine. When applied over a rich night cream it works like a seal and it keeps all the moisture underneath. It leaves a very comfortable silky layer which is not sticky at all. When I wash my face in the morning I can see my skin is well hydrated inside.

When I suffer with extreme dry skin, especially in the winter, I use the Madara SOS Hydra mask over my day cream as well. It works well with makeup and gives me that extra protection during the day. That's why I love this mask so much - it can be used day and night, instead or over the moisturiser, however it suits my skin.


This mask can also be purchased in a travel size to test if it works for you. I believe it's well worth to try!

Let me know if you like Madara skincare! Have you used any of these mask? Leave a comment!
Thank you for reading my blog!




No comments:

Post a Comment